Google Buzz should get out of Gmail



After a couple of days using Google Buzz, I start to think Buzz is not so nice. I already have facebook and twitter in international SNS, plus Renren (Chinese facebook) and a lot of Chinese twitters, but I never think Buzz is good enough to replace them.

It is disaster to follow some famous guys on Internet. Concider about China having been blocking facebook and twitter, so there is no place to speak freely and safely except Google Buzz. Ten of thousands Chinese Gmail users gather in those famous guys’ Buzz and show their feelings about everything. Usually one Buzz can get more than 400 comments, and most of all have no value for me.

After two days, I am getting tired of Buzz keeping showing the updates. There is one good thing abour Buzz is to turn it off in Gmail, but I still want to keep it, so I just hide it in case of interrpution.

Even though , Buzz still is a good product in SNS. But it just shouldn’t be in Gmail, a lot people use their Gmail to contact their customer and college who don’t need a social network in their email.

The future of Buzz is hard to predict. It may be the next Oukut or Jaiku. It may cost Gmail being blocked in Mainland China, as Gmail is already blocked in Iran. But it is a nice try for Google, keeping Internet moving forward.

Link: my Google Buzz/Google profile